The Refuge is always looking for willing volunteers who love Jesus and want to share his love with the youth at the Refuge. There are numerous ways to help out at the Refuge, here are a few:
- Meet with youth for a cup of coffee at The Refuge. Training will be provided as The Refuge links church members with youth in an unlikely friendship.
- Help plan special events. The Refuge’s event coordinator will be away for much of 2015. They seek gifted administrators who could take on one aspect of an event and see it through.
- Participate or volunteer to help in Coldest Night of the Year, a fund-raising walk that occurs each year on a Saturday evening in February.
- Become a board member.
- Help with occasional maintenance and repairs.
- Attend Breathe, The Refuge’s fundraiser celebrating the arts, on Sat. Nov. 15.
- Hire Papa Bear’s Real Canadian BBQ crew to cater your event. Papa Bear’s, a registered business owned by The Refuge, is a social enterprise created to train and employ The Refuge’s youth while providing a top-notch catering service.
- Purchase items on The Refuge’s Current Material Needs list and place them in the white bin outside the library door in the foyer. See the bin for the list of current needs.
Wanted: Program Director for The Refuge
The Refuge is also looking for a new Program Director. If you are interested or perhaps know someone who is, please click the link to the right to download the PDF job description.
Clarence is the Executive Director of the Refuge. If you are interested in volunteering at the Refuge then use the Contact Form to send Clarence an email.