Hebron Christian Reformed Church of Whitby was started in 1954 by members of the Rehoboth Christian Reformed Church in Bowmanville who lived in the Oshawa-Whitby area. This initial group of 149 people worshiped in a rented hall in Oshawa.
The name ‘Hebron’ was prayerfully chosen, as its Biblical meaning is “a place of refuge” – a safe place. It was and continues to be our prayer that all who join us at Hebron will feel secure in the presence of God and His growing family.
In 1957 a new facility was built at 30 Elizabeth Crescent, Whitby – later to be known as 407 Crawforth St. More families continued to join. Hebron Church later helped give birth to congregations in Oshawa, Port Perry and Ajax. In May of 2003 we moved into our present facilities on Anderson Street.
The Christian Reformed denomination has its roots in Europe. During the time of the Protestant Reformation many different denominations were formed. We are part of the Reformed family of churches that has its origin in Switzerland and The Netherlands.
The Christian Reformed Church is a bi-national denomination with offices in Burlington, Ontario and Grand Rapids, Michigan. For more information go to www.crcna.org
What to Expect
Attending a new Church can be a bit unsettling at first, but no need to worry.
Locations & Hours
The ever important details of where and when.
The times and dates of our next services.
Check out the wide breadth of programs and ministries for all generations.